Severe weather warning…

A severe weather warning is current for the SE coast district.

Forecast for Sunday Evening
A few showers, increasing to rain periods. Moderate to fresh SE winds.

Precis: Showers increasing

Nice weather for painting huh. This is how its been for the last five days – just for the days I’d hoped to prepare and paint the bottom. Back on Tuesday I had three days to do the bottom and get a trial install of the motor done – Current Sunshine was due back in the water on Saturday 6am. Hardly possible – so I enlisted help for sanding and painting from Col – a guy who had a boat here at Monties but had some time available. That would allow me to fit the tracks for the motor, and install the motor to test how it fits and to trim the pipes.

Here’s a picture of Col on Thursday night under rain and lights. The white stripes are the water dripping down from the rain. Just after this the rain increased to a torrential downpour and we abandoned it for the night.


Here’s a shot of the boatyard during the day – during a lull in the rain – looking out from under the tarps over her bows.


The upside of the severe weather is that the boat due to be hauled out on Saturday couldn’t get here and so I got a reprieve – Current Sunshine could stay out until Monday morning. This is the extra time we needed and with help from Deb the antifouling paint is done. Otherwise she would have gone back in unfinished! So she’s now due back in tomorrow about 8am.

Meanwhile Mark has been fabricating the stainless steel work for the motor. Here’s a shot in his workshop showing the motor with some S-S tubes added.

Motor frame fabrication

And here’s mark explaining how he protected the electric cables during the welding process..

Mark from Mark's Arks

And trial fitting in the well to check how the new carrier fits and it positioning..

Motor trial fitting

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *